Is foster parenting right for you?
Over 500,000 children are living in foster care in the United States today, approximately 17,000 of those live in Minnesota.
While very rewarding, foster parenting is also very demanding. Foster parents must have:
- Compassion and patience for children who may have special needs and challenges related to trauma and attachment.
- Confidence and strong parenting skills.
- Ability to be a part of a team with other professional staff.
- Willingness to take small steps with children to help them achieve their potential.
- Empathy and patience to work together with biological parents toward reunification.
We need compassionate and sensitive people for this very important work. If you're the kind of person who feels good about helping others, loves children, and who appreciates challenges, you're very likely a person we would like to work with.
Please review the licensing requirements and send us a completed foster parent inquiry form
if you are interested in becoming a foster parent or simply want to explore this meaningful service. If you are interested in becoming a Foster Parent at Family Alternatives, contact Phillip E. Larkins MSW Recruitement Coordinator at (612)746-8173 or e-mail at email@example.com